Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yep, Thats right, I did it!

I big chopped. After 10 long months of transitioning, I did it. And it feels great!

When I started on this journey last November, I said I would wait a year to complete my transition because I was afraid of how I would look in a fro. Ha. Try going through the journey with a head of two textures. I'll tell you what I'm not gone do, keep snatching out tangles during conditioning and detangling sessions. YES, I said snatching out. That mess was irritating! So I gradually got trims to lessen the fright. I have always had a phobia of getting scissors to my hair. Yep, hate them, never liked them. Even for trimming, couldn't stand it. Needless to say, before this journey I was hellacious to my hair (I'm sorry, I was young and dumb). This journey has taught me to look deeper inside myself and to accept myself as I am, kinky-curly hair, pretty smile, sensitive and caring person. I mean, yes I liked to look presentable but I can do that with my hair. So, I big chopped, last Saturday. I had to. I was getting to the point where I couldn't easily style my hair, I couldn't find products that wouldn't tangle my hair. It was a nightmare. So two Sundays ago, I started cutting the front of it off. The next Saturday, I let my boyfriend finish the back. It was a special moment for me because I could see what lied under all of that straight hair, my curls are gorgeous and I have been rocking this wash and go all week long! I have enjoyed getting up and going. Not having to do my hair in the morning takes out 30 minutes of my routine. 30 minutes I get to snooze with my pillows. Anyone who knows me, knows I am a sleeper. Can't help it, been like that since birth!

But anywho, I am enjoying this natural hair. I can't wait to see how it grows and I love to take care of it. Not to mention that my boo is a big supporter, most of my friends are natural, and my sisters, both of them, are natural as well! I will start blogging more as I create a regimen but I will say that it has been extremely successful thus far! I will post pics later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?