Thursday, December 22, 2011

Keeping Up with Me



Last year this time I wrote a blog about being so bored with my life during Christmas break.11 Well to prevent that this year, my big bad self done went and got busy on the world. Well, for me, busy is the best state to be in because otherwise, I become this hopeless, depressed couch potato. Sad but true. So I've been holding it down, but neglecting my blog....Again! Every once in a while, I will get on this busy high and stay up there for as long as I can. I seem to thrive when my life has to be structured, as opposed to having to create it on my own. That is neither here nor there.

So here is what has happened in the last few weeks of my life...
My little sister is getting ready for the birth of her first child. A little girl who is due any day now. I am excited that she is about to be a mother and I wish all the best to her growing little family. We had her baby shower last weekend and it was a nice little family affair.
My other little sister just finished up her first semester of college. WOW, time flies by. I am super proud of her and her accomplishments. I do hope she came out better than her big sister 4 years ago!
My nieces and nephews are so excited for Christmas. I am excited that they are home this year and I am even more excited that they will have a Christmas this year. They are the sweetest, most well behaved children that anyone will ever meet so I am glad they will get to experience Christmas this year.
Now about me, I have been working, working and working. I've worked so much, the Christmas really did sneak up on me. Two months ago I was saying, dang, Christmas is two months away. Well, Christmas is two days away and the year is almost over.

I don't know if it is just me but I feel like the Christmas spirit has dwindled this year. I mean, I know it came it pretty fast but there is so much to be grateful for this year, that people should be ecstatic to be here to witness the holidays. I know I am. Earlier this year I wondered where I would be and whether I would make it. I have enjoyed being a witness to God's daily miracles and blessings. He could have chosen to take one of my loved ones but chose to grant them one more day. So I will rejoice in this immaculate holiday season. I say immaculate because even in the days that aren't perfect, they are beyond perfection because we are granted one more day to learn from out successes and failures. So as we embark on the very end of the year and into next year, take the time to smell the flowers, feel the snow (if you have any), enjoy your loved ones because they are here, not just a distant memory. Happy Holidays to all of you!

I shall be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?