Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lessons in Life: Giving To Recieve

I have always been a giver. In elementary school I would always be the one with no pencils to write with because I always let someone borrow them. Being the second oldest sibling, giving became second nature considering the fact that I have two younger sisters. Now, as much as I give, I never have had a problem with going without things that I NEED. My wants, well, I like to have a lot of things, shoes, clothes, jewelry, all the things a girl wants. But when it has come down to what I needed, I was never left without. Now what I am about to get into isn't as cute as what I just wrote. If you are a stingy or selfish person, you might now like what I have to say. But I'm going to say it anyway...


This weekend I had an interesting and thought provoking experience. These verses became so relevant in my life. So enlightening! So if you would, turn with me to 2 Corinthians 9:7 which says, "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." I hear a lot of people complaining to be broke all the time. And well, if you want to stay that way, just remember that your words have the power of life and death. You want wealth, speak it into your life. You want stability, speak it into your life. That is the only way these things come...But before you get to speaking start with the home team and let's do some examinations...Ready?
1. You want more but do you fully appreciate what you have right now?
2. What type of words would you use to describe your place in life? If they aren't words of gratefulness, they aren't enough.
3. How do you pay it forward? Do you pay your tithes? Do you give to the homeless? Do you volunteer your time? 
4. Do you give cheerfully? Or do you give because you think it is the right thing to do? 
5. When God speaks to you, do you take heed to His directions?
6. Do you put your trust in man or do you put your trust in God?

Now, as you answer these questions, write them down. If any of these aren't pleasing to you or aren't pleasing to God, your next step is to work on those things to make them right. The first and last questions, I think, are the most important. Why? I'm glad you asked... God has a plan for your life. Everything that happens to you is a blessing. Nothing that God does for you is a curse. With that being said, if you are in a place in your life where you have what you NEED, and you can't be grateful, how do you expect God to elevate you and you can't be appreciative of what you have right now? You think He is going to keep giving to you and you don't thank Him with a cheerful heart? Try again... If you have things in your life that God has given you and you don't want to take care of those things, you think He will give you anything else to just let sit there? It's just not going to happen. When God gives us things whether it is a house, a car, or a child, these things are given to us as blessings and expected to be taken care of. We don't take care of them, we don't get to the next level. So, maintain what you have right now. Focus on what you have in front of you and be grateful and then you will see God start to shift things around in your life!

This is about to be a series of posts because this topic is way too long. Don't just wait for me to keep talking, comment and let me know what you think. 

...Stay Tuned...

Until next time! 

Later Phenomenal Ladies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?