Thursday, March 15, 2012

Product Praise!!!! : Apple Cider Vinegar

I am not sure how many of you have heard this on YouTube but apple cider vinegar is the bomb...I watch YouTube enough to be aware of it but I never had the idea to try it until I got it in a goody bag. Even then, it sat under the bathroom counter until this past week. My lovely curly friend mentioned to me in passing that she had tried it as her last rinse and it made her hair feel great and her twist outs weren't frizzy when she used it. So the next day, I decided to try it for myself.

-Let me just say, I'm not one to jump on any product band wagon. I am an equal opportunity product junkie-

So on Tuesday, I co-washed my hair using only my Herbal Essence Totally Twisted (I will do a product review about this later!) After I rinsed my hair, finger detangled a bit, I put some conditioner in my hair and I finger detangled some more...I did my shower ritual and rinsed my hair. Following this, I sprayed the apple cider vinegar all over my hair and focused on the ends. It felt pretty good when I sprayed it, I felt my hair just separate and define...I let it sit for about two minutes and rinsed it out with cold water-you have to know one thing about me, I am not a cold water rinser-luke warm is as cold as it gets. I tried it though. I could a difference immediately. My curls were defined and that frizz I always fuss about, well there was none. No frizz. None at all...So serious!

So the word on the street is that apple cider vinegar closes the cuticle. This helps define your curls and gives your hair a more defined look over all. My hair looks shinier as well.

I promise I will post pictures. I've been having some darn phone issues and the one I have right now doesn't have a great picture quality! But I don't plan to give this stuff up anytime soon!

Have you used it before? What are your thoughts about apple cider vinegar?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?