Friday, February 10, 2012

I Write What I Think: Love

So I truly do write what I think. I also visit a lot of blogs and well, they got me thinking. Thinking about love...Dum dum dummmmmmmmm!

I've been in a very successful relationship for 3 years now. Check that! Me. Three years. With. Someone. Else. He has to love me, I mean, I am not the easiest person to deal with. Actually, when it comes to what goes on behind closed doors, I am sure I am not the easiest. At ALL! But he loves me anyway. In the past 6 months, I have to say my life was a complete world wind. Losing my job, disconnecting from the world, fighting the woo's of life off, fighting off depression. Yea, it was horrible. But somehow I made it through. I was able to have the support of ONE earthly person who really showed me what unconditional love was and what it meant to BE THERE for someone. I rarely talk about my Sweetie but I think it is past due that I write a blog dedicated to him.

He is truly a man of good character and compassion. He is smart and he has a lot going for himself. But those are the secondary reasons why I love this guy. In 2009, my aunt passed away. I had met him the night before she was transported to a better hospital and this guy was there for me from that time until the day she passed on. I remember not being interested because I had just made a pact with my best friend at the time saying that we wouldn't date until we graduated. We were having too much fun being "Single Ladies" and we didn't want that to stop for anyone. Somehow, God laughed and had other plans for me. So on January 6th 2009, my aunt passed away. I was heart broken and devastated, it was the first death I had ever had in my family that was that close to me. To make matters worse, my grandfather died 5 days before her. Although we weren't close, it was still a hard pill to swallow knowing I had lost two family members in the same month. As devastated as I was, I remember distinctly being in the mall with two of my girlfriends at the time and he sent me a text message that said "You need to call me more." Me being the person I was, hopeless romantic thought "this guy is crazy but ok, I will see where this goes." After missing a week of classes, I was extremely stressed. I missed my aunt and I couldn't find the strength and motivation to keep moving. Despite my lack of interest, he sent me messages, called me and checked on me often every day. He used to call them "YoYo checks." He made me give him a number, 1 through 10 to let him know how I was doing. If I was below 7, he'd find a way to make me a 10 by the time we stopped talking. What a man, What a man, What a man, what a mighty good man. Yes he iiiiissssssssssssss! (I know I am not the only one who LOVES Salt-Pepa-and Spindarella

So I think back to those first months and the state I was in. I think about the last few months and how he has helped me get out of a hard place. And I find myself being extremely grateful that he alone, helped me get through by supporting me, giving me time to grieve, and pushing me past my own self-pity to get to where I am today. I can only say Thank you.

I can attest to these facts: 1)good men do exist. Love comes when it is least expected. 2)Don't go searching for it because the right guy will find you when he is supposed to. 3)It is ok to give yourself time to be you. Find yourself so that when Mr. Right does come along, you won't be confused about what you want and he won't be confused about what he is getting.

2 comments:

  1. Babes you are on point with the three last sentences you mentioned. I believe you 110%. But he sounds really cool, was smiling throughout...

    so how do i follow u asap....lol..

    Keep on keeping on. I know u both will make fantastic couple/parents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents?! Whew girl you are thinking way ahead! I'm still on the couple part! :p

    Just kidding. But it is interesting you put parenting in the response. We aren't having kids just yet but it has been a big topic in the last few months! Who knows what may happen this year?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?