Thursday, February 23, 2012

My New Hair Regimen

As I am fairly new at this natural thing, I think I have a routine regimen going-at least for the winter...I straightened my hair last Friday and missed my curls like crazy...Plus, I really didn't straighten it that well considering I was going to do an updo. Before I straightened my hair, I did a deep conditioning treatment with Organic Root Stimulator Mayonnaise. I sat under the dryer for 15 minutes, washed it out with warm water and continued on to styling. I used Ion's Heat Protectant on my hair. I like it, it provides shine. All that jazz...

So on to this regimen. I washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo. It was Organic Root Stimulator Uplifting Shampoo. A lot of cleansing went on. It is very invigorating too. I love that shampoo but I don't use it too often because it does have a lot of mint in it which means that it will dry my hair out if I use it too often. So I washed it with that. Got it all squeaky clean, then put the ORS Mayonnaise on my hair and continued my shower ritual. I rinsed that out. Let my hair hang without putting a towel on it. Then I put my Herbal Essence Hello Hydration on and massaged it in. I used caster oil to seal my hair. It was my first time using castor oil. Can I just say that my hair has stayed moisturized the entire week? I mean, I haven't had to re-rinse it like I usually do. I just do a light spritz of water and Profectiv Mega Growth Oil and put a little conditioner in. I put the Caster oil around my edges in the front and I keep it moving. I've never maintained a wash-n-go this long. I got it now...

So like I said, this is now my regimen. It sucks because I am pretty sure that my hair is going to change with the season so I am going to have to try this all over again in about 2 months. I am super excited though to finally not have to re-wet my hair every other day! I think it now has a good balance of moisture and protein and it is cooperating with me!!!! #Win!



Do you have a solid regimen going for your hair? If so, what are your staple products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?