Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Life's Short: Get Some

An old time family friend of ours passed away on Friday from a long fight with breast cancer. Upon arriving to my humble abode, I found out. It hurt my heart because I have known this lady basically all of my life and for the last 12 years or so, she has been a survivor to me.


Like most people, the death of those you know really makes you start thinking. Life is extremely short. I have been talking all year about pursuing my own dreams and I would just like to dwell in that place once more, in the month of February. Life is really short. Like for real. In a blink of an eye, your life can be turned upside and inside out. Those close to you can be taken, those dreams you hoped you would get to pursue have to be put on hold. It is a serious thing. But I can tell you that not only am I a testimony, I am a witness that if you just go for what you want, you will experience an unforgettable joy, something that NO ONE can take from you.

My best friend since middle school is the person I have been able to witness God working on. My best friend has gone through the ringer since we graduated from high school. From great jobs to no job, health to bad health, engaged to not. Some of everything has happened to this girl and she has kept going. I met up with her for breakfast on Sunday and it ended 4 hours later. She had this glow about her. Something I hadn't seen since she gave birth to my beautiful godson who is now 4 years old. She has gotten a new job after a year of being out on disability and is planning to go back to school starting this summer. She is happily in a relationship and she has found God in herself. She has found GOD in her life. She has learned what happens when God comes first in your life. And that is again, something that NO ONE can take from you. Just last year I remember sending her inspirational text messages in hope that she would be in a frame of mind to take it in. Anytime I would see her when I went home, she'd never be able to tell me about what the Bible said. On Sunday, this girl was spitting it to me like she'd been studying for years. And I ate it up! She is growing into such an amazing woman and she is finally realizing that she is more than a validation from other people. She has started going to Bible study, she is a mentor for young mothers, and she is even starting to pick up where we left off with our plan for her part of our non-profit. I am amazed to see this happening before my eyes. She goes on to prove that when God is your pilot, you can't go anywhere but up! She is taking life by the horns and LIVING! I'm telling you, 2012 is going to be an amazing year.

In memory of all of those we have lost to breast cancer, take a moment to just pray for their family and friends.



Reflect on your life and where you want to be in 6 months. Every moment is valuable, spend it wisely!

Are you making it happen for you?

1 comment:

  1. am so sorry for what happened to your fiend's death... life is really very short and we should spend our lifetime wisely... being able to realize what we want in life would really be a big help in making things happen and making our dreams a reality. God should really be the center of our lives and what happened to your friend's life is a living testimony that God works miraculously and is really alive... God is good all the time and if we believe in him, surrender our life and be sorry for our inequities then surely everything in our life will perfectly be put in place and we would experience complete and unending joy... great blog!!! following you now.. hope you could visit my blog too.. kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?