Saturday, January 14, 2012

"The Game" Premiere

Well, they just went in. The opening was mind blowing, eye catching and breath taking all in one. I had to reset myself during the first commercial break. Which brings me to my main point about "The Game," why in the heck do they give two 2 minute scenes and go to 5 minute commercials? I know they are trying to be efficient and all but umm, stop playing, give us the darn show and stop playing games! As long as people have waited for "The Game" and the efforts put behind petitioning its return, you can't give me more than 5 freaking seconds? Tuesday, January 10th, 10:08
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my response from the first 10 minutes. Needless to say, I was getting irate because I am a person who likes my anxiety to be eased by greatness. We waited a year for this premiere and I feel that it should deliver...So on with this response...
I was not as pleased with the premiere as I thought I would be. However, I will say that I did not allow myself to get super geeked about it so that might be why. Parts of me are starting to dislike the show because of how glamorized and flashy it has become. This is coming from the same person who cried during the last episode from Season 3. I also am falling out of love with the show because of who Melanie has become. While watching the marathons, I was an hour away from writing my dissertation on the fall of Melanie Barnett Davis. I loved Melanie in the beginning seasons when she stood for more than the Sunbeams and Sabers. She was super fiesty and had so much going for herself other than being the "head of the Davis family." I mean really, couldn't she have been a successful doctor or have started her own practice or something? I mean, this is absurb. Pause, here I am again, let me just say I am not a womanist/feminist extremist.
So back to the premiere. It gets a B from me. I don't know what I expected but I was really fulfilled after than episode. But then again, maybe it is because I am slowly becoming disenchanted with the show. I don't know. But what I do know is, it is starting to look like a sitcom turned reality TV...and that is just something I can't do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?