Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Welcome 2012!!!



So in the spirit of the new year and a birthday on the horizon, I decided that it is about time to make some real changes. Not just resolutions for the year, but lifestyle changes to better my intellect, physical and mental health. So I have a list of things that must happen in order for me to experience some true growth in the next six months. I give myself six months so I can measure where I am and actually have something to look forward to rather than wait all the way until December and most likely forget things that I say today, January 4th. So here is my list of things that I will incorporate into a better lifestyle this year:
1. Pray more...I pray. I just pray at night before I go to bed and to bless my food. Now, don't throw your judgement hat on just yet. I have a hard time asking God for things. I can give Him all the praise in the world but when it comes to ASKING, I tend to back myself into a corner. So I will pray and meditate more often.
2. Go to church more...I am a slacker. I have said this before. When it comes to church, getting up early on Sunday is really hard. I love going to church and as soon as I get over that hump of dragging myself out of the bed, I am fine. I was doing fine for a little bit but some family issues kept me from going to my home church any longer. I go to my SO's church too but it is hit or miss. I did not spend my first Sunday of the year in church but I do plan to make sure I am at least in Bible Study once a week. (Starting next week, I am already slacking...)
3. Save more money...For real. I am going on 23 and I do not have any money saved up. That is a problem because it is not like I do not know what it takes to save money. I just like to have things when I want them. I am very impatient when it comes to things I want and I often just buy things for myself rather than wait on someone else to do it for me. That comes from being the older child. So this year, I am putting all of my impulse buys to the side and really being cautious of the money I spend. Maybe I should invest in a shock collar or something...
4. Take care of my body-physical and nutrition...for real. Now if you look at my earlier post, I vowed to start working out more. I was doing great for a couple of weeks but I fell off track. Anyone who has tried working out after being away for so long can understand where I am coming from. Missing one day can throw everything off. Well, my doctor told me that I needed to get about 3 to 4 days of cardio in a week. Thats not too bad. I can do this!!! I have tried the multivitamins. It is hard to take them because they often make me gag. Because I don't eat a good breakfast. MY FAULT. Working on that too
5. Last but not least...Work on my relationships. This is for my family and my friends. I actually need to weed through the friends though. Even though there aren't that many, they have more issues than Time Magazine. It gets draining, more than it should to be a friend so I need to learn how to take care of myself before I can help my friends.

I think these five things are extreme growing points for me. I hope to keep tabs on this so in six months, I can see how far I have come...
What are some things you hope to work on in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?