Monday, January 16, 2012

Epiphany



On random days I get these feelings of excitement. Like epiphanies that come from knowing that a year has come and gone and an obstacle is almost over. 16 days into 2012 and I just had this epiphany that, well it is a new year, a new day, an opportunity to continue moving forward with my dreams. Funny, because I have written several posts about the new year but it really just dawned on me about 10 minutes ago. We celebrated my sweetie's birthday yesterday, my youngest sister's birthday on last Wednesday, my middle sister's (and new mom) 21st birthday is today and mine will be the Monday after (Yes we all have January birthdays, so do our Significant Others! Cool right?). I will be turning 23 on the 23rd. 23 years I will have been on this Earth and as grateful as I am, I find that there is a lot that I am hoping to gain out of life. So this year as I gracefully find out what 23 has for me, I am hoping to not only going rebuild my confidence and my drive, and my prowess for life. As the middle of my year went downhill, I found that even through my pain I was able to finish out tasks that were set before me. So if I can do that with a broken heart and muddied head, I know that I can kick it back into gear and get moving on my dreams. Most importantly, I am going to start consulting God about those dreams, you know, just to make sure I am on accord with His plan. I was reading a post that I wrote back in August and I knew that what happened to me during the last four years (dealing with my education) was a result of not consulting God about my decisions) Read Here. Now that I am aware of where I went wrong, I can move forward knowing what I need to do.

This year, I am hoping to begin to socialize more. I am a social butterfly and most people who meet me know that. I have never met a stranger and I rarely find myself unable to talk to people. Once I secluded myself from the world, that never changed. I enjoyed the lunches and the dinners and bar nights, I really did. But I think I needed a break just so I could focus on where I was and where I needed to be. So this year I hope to slowly increase my social life again.

With this new year, I also want to get back into school. I like working but I love learning. I can do both and I hope to do that soon. So right now I am studying for the GRE. With great enthusiasm. I hope to do well so I can be in school in the Fall, God-willing.

With this new year, I have a new attitude and a new look on life, I can do whatever I put my mind to. With that being said, I know that this year has a lot in store for me. Everyday is a new opportunity to make moves toward something great. I'm making sure I take advantage of every moment given to me...I mean, that is what the moments are given to us for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Phenomenal ladies for showing love. What's on your mind?